The FTC maintains some excellent computer security tips at their OnGuard Online web page. I encourage you to bookmark this page and check it frequently for updated tips. Here are two video’s that are helpful to secure your computer and keep you safe while using public WiFi.
While you’re on the site, be sure to review the 10 Tips to Avoid Fraud sheet as well. This page expands on the following list of what you can do:
- Spot imposters.
- Do online searches.
- Don’t believe your caller ID.
- Don’t pay upfront for a promise.
- Consider how you pay.
- Talk to someone.
- Hang up on robocalls.
- Be skeptical about free trial offers.
- Don’t deposit a check and wire money back.
- Sign up for free scam alerts from the FTC at ftc.gov/scams.